*Promote access for all children to the same range of facilities, services and resources.
* To provide a range of stimulating, fun and re-
* To meet the individual needs of children within the setting.
* To work in partnership with parents/carers and to actively seek their views and value their contribution.
* To recognise and safeguard the rights of the child.
* To increase awareness of special needs.
* To encourage a positive self image for all.
* To challenge unacceptable language, actions and beliefs.
If a parent/carer fails to collect their child/ren at the end of a session, and pre-
Note: If a child is regularly collected late, they may be taken off the Preschool register.
To enable staff to produce these records they will be using electronic devices to take photos and record observations.
When your child leaves the pre-
Any child suffering from any infectious illness cannot attend the Preschool. Also, if your child is unwell or ‘going down’ with something you should keep them away until they are better.
Administration of Medication -
In the event of a child being taken ill during a session, the senior member of staff will:
* ensure the child is kept comfortable under adult supervision
* ensure the parent/carer/emergency contact is informed and action to be taken agreed with them v' carry out emergency procedures as necessary
* write a report of the circumstances as soon as possible, a copy given to the parent/carer and one to be kept on file
Staff and parents/carers are encouraged to act in a positive manner towards any with additional needs. Any such children will have a full range of activities and opportunities available to them, and special help will be given as applicable.
If a child/ren is unable to attend a session for any reason, please let the staff know as soon as possible. Fees will still be payable unless you apply and are given a waiver of fees -
In the event of absence over 2 weeks for genuine medical/personal reasons, fees may be waived. The parent/carer will need to complete a ‘Request a Waiver of Fees' form available from the senior member of staff. On the basis of the confidential information given, the committee treasurer may agree to waiver the fees. Please note: routine childhood illnesses/ailments (e.g. colds, chicken pox etc.) will not normally qualify for waiver.